May 22, 2012

Pub crawl

I am an awkward turtle at pub crawls. The Victorian pubs were rather lovely and I somewhat enjoyed the social aspects of the excursion, but ultimately, I don't really drink alcohol. Making pub crawls slightly pointless.

Throughout the night, I had to repeatedly explain that I'm not much of a drinker. That I don't like beer. That I do enjoy a glass of wine here and there. That I've never been drunk. That I don't intend to ever experience drunkenness. At one point in the evening, I added: "Besides, I'm only nineteen. I don't drink in the States."

I received silent and incredulous stares in response.

Reminded me of Simon Amstell's stand-up performance on Sunday. He told a story about his experience with alcohol that is similar to the following interview on The Graham Norton Show.


On the plus side, the weather was absolutely glorious today. Mid-seventies and plenty of sunshine. Made for a lovely evening of walking around London.

And I received three pieces of snail mail from friends and family today. A heart-warming conclusion to my Tuesday. 

~L

2 comments:

  1. bahahaha... this is great! the story, the clip, all of it. Yah, fortunately, I had a small group of girls in England who weren't the drinking type. But one night we went out with just the group of us and had Pimms. It was great... no pressure, no stupidness =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it doesn't help, does it? that British cider is generally hard. But if you aren't a teetotaller, order a half of medium cider (NOT SCRUMPY! It's too hard) and nurse it, nurse it, nurse it.

    ReplyDelete