Mar 20, 2012

Arriving

Three hours in Sea-Tac, nine hours on an airplane, three films (A Dangerous Method, My Week With Marilyn, and Tinker Tailor Solider Spy), border control, a very long ride on the Underground (the entire Piccadilly line), no sleep, and I am here. London.

Everything went quite smoothly. No delayed flights, nothing lost (and that includes myself), no problems. Also, the weather was gorgeous today. A rather exceptional beginning.

My final destination: Cockfosters, end of Piccadilly Line
Attempting to stay awake as long as I possibly can. Already had two cups of tea, and biscuits. My homestay is absolutely lovely. Quite perfect, really. The most charming house with a crazy staircase and very friendly cat named Bubbles. Suzan and Esme are wonderful.

I reside at the top of a winding narrow staircase on the third floor:


All unpacked and settled in now. Here's my lovely room and the view outside my window:



Dinner's in a few. Listening to the sound of cooking and Esme doing her homework. 
~L

2 comments:

  1. Fun to see where you are staying. What a nice view you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lois, we haven't met, but I'm a friend of your mum's from her Kansas City/2nd Pres days, and I studied 4 years in Oxford (BTh degree the second time around. Have a brilliant time in the UK! Where will you be studying?

    Kathy H.

    ReplyDelete