Mar 18, 2012

The playlist

London Bound

"Escape!" (from The Hours Solo Piano) - Philip Glass

"Murder in the City" - The Avett Brothers  
If I get murdered in city, go read the letter in my desk, don't trouble with all my belongings, but pay attention to the list 

"Are You Leaving" - Erik Hassle
I was wide awake in this sleeping town, was infected by its void, so I left that life back in 2K4, couldn't take it anymore, while the small town boys were busy being bored

"What the Water Gave Me" - Florence + the Machine
But oh my love don't forget me, I let the water take me. Lay me down, let the only sound be the overflow, pockets full of stones 

"Moon River" - Henry Mancini
Two drifters, off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see. We're after the same rainbow's end, waiting 'round the bend, my huckleberry friend, moon river and I 

 "Welcome to England" - Tori Amos
Now don't you forget, you bring your own sun, just enough for everyone, for everyone, welcome to England

"Unintended" - Muse
You could be my unintended choice to live my life extended, you could be the one I'll always love 

"The Violet Hour" - Sea Wolf
You love all sailors, but hate the beach, you say come touch me, but you're always out of reach 

"Lovely Rita" - The Beatles
Oh lovely Rita, meter maid, may I enquire discreetly, when are you free to take some tea with me? 

 "Big Jet Plane" - Angus and Julia Stone, covered by Daniela Andrade
Gonna take her for a ride on a big jet plane

"All My Loving" - The Beatles, covered by Jim Sturgess in the soundtrack for Across the Universe 
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll miss you, remember I'll always be true, and then while I'm away, I'll write home everyday and I'll send all my loving to you. 

"Oh No!" - Marina & the Diamonds
I know exactly what I want and who I want to be, I know exactly why I walk and talk like a machine, I'm now becoming my own self-fulfilled prophecy, oh, oh no 

"Travelling Man" - Chameleon Circuit
The Travelling Man will save the day, the Travelling Man will keep you safe, even if he has to die five hundred and seven times, the Travelling Man will save the day 

"Sigh No More" - David Tennant, Catherine Tate, and Original London Cast Recording
Sigh no more, ladies sigh no more, men were deceivers ever, one foot in sea and one on shore, to one thing constant never 

"Exterminate, Regenerate" - Chameleon Circuit
Exterminate, regenerate, I thought you always knew our fate to just keep fighting on and on while time keeps turning 

"Penny Lane" - The Beatles
Penny lane is in my ears and in my eyes, wet beneath the blue suburban skies, I sit and meanwhile back... 

"Us" - Regina Spektor
They made a statue of us, and put it on a mountaintop, now tourists come and stare at us, blow bubbles with their gum, take photographs have fun, have fun 

"Sinnerman" (Felix Da Housecat's Heavenly House Mix) - Nina Simone & Felix Da Housecat

"Sigh No More" - Mumford & Sons
Love it will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free, be more like the man you were made to be. And there is a design, an alignment to cry of my heart to see, the beauty of love as it was meant to be 

"Dreamer" - Elizaveta
I believe in fairy tales and serendipitous encounters 

"Mouthwash" - Kate Nash
This is my face, covered in freckles and the occasional spot and some veins. This is my body, covered in skin but not all of it you can see. And this is my mind, it goes over and over the same old lines. And this is my brain; it's tortuous and analytical thoughts make me go insane

"La Mer" - Julio Iglesias (from Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy)

"She's Always Singing (Yellow)" - The Dear Hunter
And every other lover in this city has got a song to sing, but none of them ring in my ears 

"Liz On Top of the World" - Jean-Yves Thibaudet, from Pride & Prejudice soundtrack

1 comment:

  1. Ah... lovely. And I giggled at the few nods at Sherlock in there ;)

    ReplyDelete