Mar 29, 2012

Virginia Woolf, Greenwich, & Peanut Butter

To make up for yesterday's lack of a post, I've also posted an entry on Metacognitive today. Yesterday was the anniversary of Virginia Woolf's suicide and I decided to pay homage to the brilliant writer by visiting one of her London homes and writing a brief commemoration. (Click through pictures for post.)



Yesterday we walked around Greenwich. Visited Greenwich Park, Queen's House, the Painted Hall & Chapel in the Old Royal Naval College, and St. Alfege's Church. Then took a boat up the Thames back to Westminister. Twas a marvelously sunny day and the boat ride was fabulous. My favorite site of the day was the Painted Hall (James Thornhill, you cheeky man).

Queen's House

Tulip Staircase (in Queen's House) 

Painted Hall

The West Wall, featuring King George I


James Thornhill himself, reminding
us that he needs to be paid

Bought my first jar of peanut butter this week. How domestic. It's very delicious, but tiny.


In other news, I'm sunburnt. In March.

Also: I love London. 
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment