Apr 28, 2012

Daytripping in Oxford (1)

Part One: In which Lois is too tired to write a proper blog post

Though a bit wet and windy, my day trip to Oxford was absolutely wonderful. But I've had a very long day (left the house at 05:45 this morning) and I'm absolutely knackered. Please accept this short teaser post about my day in Oxford; tomorrow promises a substantial write-up with pictures. 

This is a clip from one of my favorite television shows, Inspector Lewis (a spinoff of Inspector Morse, based on the Morse detective novels). DI Lewis and his assistant, DS Hathaway (a Cambridge graduate), work together to solve rather tricky and academically based crimes in Oxford. I've always loved what Hathaway says about the bells of Oxford in the episode "Life Born of Fire." (Only watch the first 45 seconds of the video. Unless you want to watch a random ten minute chunk of a television show, of course.)


And here's the trailer for series five. Hopefully there'll be another series this fall on Masterpiece Mystery.


Look for part two tomorrow!
~L

No comments:

Post a Comment