Apr 30, 2012

South Downs and The Browning Version




Absolutely brilliant. One of my favorite shows so far. 

"Are you one of those very clever people who understands what no one else understands, but then doesn't understand what everyone else understands?" ~ Duffield, from South Downs

"I don't like me either. But it's the character I've been given, and I can't do anything about it." ~ Blakemore, from South Downs

"Duffield: You know, Blakemore, it occurs to most of us quite early that we're going to have to slug through life in the company of someone we don't particularly like. Meaning, ourselves.
Blakemore: But, Duffield, you must like yourself. Everyone else does.
Duffield: Do they? Do they really? Duffield smiles, knowing better.
And in the circumstances the only thing we can do is get on with it. Finish the book, finish the cake and move on."
from South Downs

"Andrew: My hysteria over that book just now was no more than a sort of reflex action of the spirit. The muscular twitchings of a corpse. It can never happen again.
Frank: A corpse can be revived.
Andrew: I don't believe in miracles.
Frank: Don't you? Funnily enough, as a scientist, I do.
Andrew: Your faith would be touching, if I were capable of being touched by it.
Frank: You are, I think."
from The Browning Version

~L

1 comment:

  1. You saw a Rattigan play? You know what this means, right? It means we need to watch the Rattigan Enigma! Oh yeeeeah!

    ReplyDelete