Apr 23, 2012

Welcome to Haworth

And it's pronounced Haw-worth not Hayworth, as my bus driver so kindly informed me.

Well, after a long day of travelling by tube, train, bus, and foot, I have finally arrived in Haworth. Brontë country. And incidentally, the world's very first Fair Trade village. Feeling quite settled in my adorable little b&b, the Rosebud Cottage.

Photo Credit: Rosebud Cottage Guest House

The building itself dates back to 1750 and was once a public house in the late 19th century. I currently reside in the Railway Room: a lovely single room with an old-fashioned railway theme. 

My room

And the bathroom

Photograph two in my Series of Unfortunate UK
self-portraits, entitled: "B&B, or Learning-how-to-take-
photos-of-oneself-while-travelling-alone" 

Tomorrow begins my Brontë adventure... keeping my eyes peeled for the ghosts of Cathy and Heathcliff.

~L

4 comments:

  1. hahaha! I think the photo of yourself is quite lovely =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous in your self-portrait. Well done, m'lady. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's from Nancy, by the way. Not "Unknown," because the writer is in fact, known. I don't quite understand blogger yet....

      Delete
    2. Haha thanks Nancy. And welcome to blogger! If you have any sort of google account you should be able to comment with your name. I think. Don't quote me on that.

      Delete